Exciting day for Leisha! 08/26/09

I know I need to catch up on things happening this summer, but this one is so fresh in my mind I need to do it now. Wednesday we let Leisha go to Salt Lake for one of our friend's Angie's wedding to help babysit for our neighbors Jared and Jill. After the ceremony they were looking for something to do with the extra time before lunch. Another neighbor, Melanie and Tally were with them and as they passed the Relief Society building Melanie wanted to stop and say hi to a mutual friend Kristen, who is the assistant to Sister Elaine Dalton, the General Young Women President. Kristen invited them up to her office and was showing them around.



As they were talking to her, and looking at both Kristen's office and Sister Dalton's office, Sister Dalton came into the office. As soon as she saw Leisha she hurried right to her and embraced her in her arms so excitedly and held her the whole time she talked. She took Leisha into her personal office and showed her the view from where she sits, which is the Salt Lake temple. As she was talking to her she told her she hoped Leisha makes that her goal in life, to be there someday. Leisha was so excited to get to have that opportunity to meet her. As we were talking about it afterward, the Thomas's and the Lords were saying it was touching to them to to see how Sister Dalton paid so much attention to Leisha and how they can tell how much she loves the Young Women of the church. As I was being told about this I felt like Leisha was not only representing herself but all the young women as they were talking about the temple. Thanks Melanie for wanting to visit Kristen and give Leisha this chance and thanks Jared and Jill for asking Leisha to help with Shelby.

No comments: