
Still trying to catch up, Lexi and Jackson have both had their birthdays. Lexi's 11th was September 15 (I know, a little late in posting). It's hard to think she will be in YW next year. She wanted a soccer ball cake. I borrowed the pan from our neighbor and this is what I got.

She had a couple friends over for ice cream and cake even though we do friends parties every other year. This is Aubrie...

...and this is Kendyl.

...Grandmas and Grandpas were there too...Grandma likes to pass on heirlooms.

October 4, Conference weekend, was Jackson's birthday. He is into Green Bay Packers and saw this in some pictures online. Jordann has been volunteering with a professional cake decorator and she was doing a cake out of fondant. It looked easy enough that I could do it, so I tried it. The girls helped me do it. Yeah - not as easy as it looks. Lesson #1 - don't make cinnamon rolls for conference breakfast and a birthday cake all in the same day. I was literally in the kitchen all day! The end result was pretty worth it.

It's fun to see the kids grow up through the years. What good kids we have. We're pretty lucky to have the family we do.
1 comment:
fun! that is one knack that i don't have. cake decorating! he has gotten sooo big!!!
Post a Comment